|Maximize Channel Use and Cut Expenses with Simulcast|
|Thursday, 12 July 2012 19:02|
This rural comms center features multiple Trailblazer units in a simulcast system.
Throughout the U.S.-- particularly in rural regions--Trailblazer systems provide the backhaul for simulcast solutions, allowing public safety agencies to use the same channel to cover a wide geographic area while continuing to use their existing mobile and portable communications units.
CommTech, a wireless communications provider in Nashville, delivers many simulcast radio systems with multiple towers transmitting at the same time, and Trailblazer is their radio of choice for backhaul.
Because these are analog systems, timing is critical and the latency cannot vary, and that’s why, for the last 10 years, CommTech continues to choose Trailblazer with its ultra-low fixed latency.
CommTech’s simulcast systems solve communications crunches for many local agencies, such as a county sheriff’s department located 40 miles outside a metropolitan area in Tennessee. Thanks to the simulcast system, the agency doesn’t have to spend millions on P25 to improve coverage and can still keep all its legacy equipment including portables.
“There’s a valuable place in the market for true TDM microwave, noted Brad Adams, CommTech’s service manager. With Trailblazer, he said, “We can have analog, true TDM, fixed latency, microwave, with a little bit of Ethernet.”
“The Trailblazer is just a very good radio and very good quality for its price point,” added Steve Rich, CommTech's vice-president.
For more details about CommTech's simulcast backhaul solution using Trailblazer, read our Simulcast Case Study.
Most Recent Posts
- We're Back from IWCE 2013!
- Activism in the Future of White Space
- White Space without Interference in the City of Wireless Microphones
- Super Wi-Fi Meets the Challenge
- 19 Million Americans Still without Broadband
- Utilities Look at Sharing 700 MHz Band with Public Safety
- White Space in the Southern Hemisphere
- A TV White Space 'Ecosystem' for Worldwide Adoption
- White Space Predicted to be a ‘Billion Dollar Goldmine’
- TV White Space Offers Spectrum Relief for Mobile Operators